Wednesday, January 16, 2013

More Valentines!


I really wasn't kidding when I told you that while writing my post for the button heart, I thought of a ton of things I wanted to do. Well, once again I just couldn't resist some of the projects I have found online. the only problem- which one do I share first?? I love them all!!

I guess I will start with my globes.  You have previously seen them in another fashion during the Christmas season as seen below. . (post is here)
You see, I loved them so much that I didn't really want to put them away after Christmas so I just plain old didn't. I figured if nothing else they would just be "winter" trees. Genius right?? Then I thought, well why not turn them into little LOVE GLOBES?!? Yep, you got it. I had a few different ideas on how to go about it.
Valentines Day, Garland, Hearts, Pom Poms

I saw this awesome garland done by craftincrosby and she talked abotu using these foam hearts she found at the dollar tree. My genius thought was that maybe I could use them in my globes. So I mosied on over to my local store (which is 2 minutes away, right next to Joanns- GASP!!!) and bought me some.

I came home and grabbed buttons that were still sorted from my button heart project and some string and got to work. Here is a little peek at what I started with besides the jars of course.



 Once again, I really didn't have much of a plan and just made it up as I went.  That's partially the truth. The real truth is that I had one idea in my head that I wanted to have strings HANGING down. This was a pretty dumb idea when I thought of it because, of course, you flip the jars OVER so I couldn't really HANG anything from the lids. It would need to be from the bottom of the jar.. so not happening. Instead, I improvised a little. I hung the strings from sticks I broke off of other hearts for other jars. So here they are!!


{Instagrammmed.. I should have never started, I fear I will never stop}


{Regular photo of the line up from the opposite angle}

{See the buttons?? obsessed. Jar on the right is my improvising wanting a hanging *something* kind of fish-lined it. BOOM}


{Simplest jar yet. Broke some sticks to the appropriate height, stuck them in some cardboard, TAPED for extra stability and called it a day.}


I even jazzed up the candles on either side with some fun festive {BUTTONS} of course!!

Anyone else too stuck on their snow globes that they re-seasoned them like me?? Link them up in the comments so I can come see them :) I have only seen one or two out there since I created mineand for the life of me can't find them. I will update with shout outs if I can find them.

7 comments:

Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate said... [Reply]

I saw your project on Seven Alive's link party ... Super cute! Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said... [Reply]

Those are so beautiful. Great job!

Following your lovely blog's GFC. I blog @ Getting Healthy with Essential Oils

I am also inviting you to join Tiddle Diddle Handmade Shoppe's first giveaway event.

Unknown said... [Reply]

I just love these!!!
AND it's a craft even I can do - yay!
XOX

Ellen said... [Reply]

What cute ideas. Love that they can be done for any holiday or theme.

Unknown said... [Reply]

These are so cute, too! Another awesome and creative project. I love it. Thanks so much for the inspiration and for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent.

Kathy

Nic said... [Reply]

This is awesommmmme! May I know if you have a tutorial on this? What did you use for the white snow base? (:

Jodi said... [Reply]

@nicholas nbx Absolutely- it is epsom salts that you can pick up at your local store usually in the first aid or self care section. I used plain/unscented. Thanks for stopping by!