Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Wreath update- winter blues!!

I might have been feeling under the weather for the past few days weeks, but I have still been trying to do small projects to feed my creative hunger. After barely having much of a voice on Sunday, I decided to call it for Monday and call off work. I rarely go to the doctor for anything other than your routine appointments, so this is kind of a big deal. I was just really worried that it was something more than just a cold. Turns out, I am just SUPER congested and thanks to our dear friend, post nasal drip, I am experiencing the cough and annoying voice issues. I was directed to take an allergy-D medication and some prescription nasal spray. So here's to hoping!!! Anyway- onto the fun.

I know my Christmas wreath was a HUGE hit out here in blog-land so I think I will continue to share as I endlessly update my wreath by the season. The burlap wreath seen at Christmas in Welcoming the Holidays, if you will remember, looked like this.

Well today I will remind you how stinking versatile this wreath really is and show you my little dreary winter pop of color to fight those winter BLAHS!!

I have "real" pictures as well as one from instagram that I will share with you.

First, the instagrammed one because, lets be real, the effects are just stinkin fun.

Of course, I didn't do any step-by-step pictures. Honestly, I didn't even know what the heck my plan was or what my end product REALLY was going to look like. I knew I was replacing the Christmas-themed ribbon and decor seen above. You see, I bought this tree-branch looking dotted ribbon when Michael's had it 70% off for ONE DAY only (like a million different times) and just knew I would be using it on my wreath. So that I did. I made my haphazard professional quality bow and attached it with floral wire. I then had this pretty blue ribbon that matched so perfectly which I kind of wove in and out of the wire rungs or the wreath form similarly to when I initially made the wreath. This was kind of a random thing as well and I really didn't have a rhyme or reason (other than somewhat evenly spread apart) to how I did this blue ribbon. After it was all done, I added the little blue bow on top of the other one because I felt it needed a little extra POP.

As promised, a few "real" pictures of the wreath as well. You can see the true colors on the main ribbon a little better in this one. (sadly, this picture isn't too super great really either thanks to not enough daylight in the day, but you get the point.)


And a nice little up-closer of the bow- isn't she purttty?? I just couldn't pass up all the pretty colors.

Happy Tuesday everyone!!

6 comments:

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said... [Reply]

Beautiful wreath!

Maria said... [Reply]

hi jodi!! so awesome that you're from PA too! i agree with you - i rarely find other PA bloggers. :)

i love the burlap wreath...looks so pretty on your door. i can see you're super creative...enjoyed looking through your last few posts!
hope you feel better! happy tuesday. <3
maria

Ilda said... [Reply]

Hi Jodi! Thanks for stopping by my blog recently and leaving me some love... thought I would stop by for a visit. Good thing cause I am now your latest follower! Hope you don't mind :)

Ilda
http://www.ilovedoingallthingscrafty.com

Nifty Thrifty Family said... [Reply]

I just love your wreath. I found your wreath on Diana Rambles pin me #15. I have pinned your wreath to my Pinterest page Nifty Family. I would love it if you ever get the chance to swing by the Nifty Thrifty Family Blog. http://niftythriftyfamily.blogspot.com

Unknown said... [Reply]

I love burlap too Jodi! I have the same burlap wreath on my front door all year, and just change it up seasonally too. Thank you so much for sharing at the Pretty Things Party at twelveOeight!!

xoxo, Tanya

Diana of Diana Rambles said... [Reply]

Such a pretty wreath! Thanks for linking up at Diana Rambles!