Monday, January 28, 2013

Smashbook swoon

So recently I have been craving returning to my "roots." By roots I mean, craft roots. My huge love, and reason behind starting this blog, was scrapbooking. This craving was only intensified by completion of my very first, SMASHBOOK!

I am going to share in installments, because quite frankly I took some pictures of each "phase" of my first book to share and I didn't want to make the posts so super long or loaded with pictures.


Isn't she purrrty? I love the orange, and that they make different ones for different functions. AND huge rubber bands for when it looks like it might explode, like mine :)


Seen here is our parking pass from the hotel we stayed the weekend he proprosed. Yes, I told you all that I am a memory hoarder and this is jus one example. We got engaged in 2007 and this remained in my car until I had to replace that car last winter 2012. Legit. 


These are just two of the pages I did in my smash about our honeymoon in Charleston, SC. I would have had airline tix, but did everything online so they took the whole pieces of paper when we flew. BOO!! But anyway these are places we visited and things we saw that we loved.
 

 
Pouches for things that didn't quite fit or have a neat way about being glued in.


On of my personal favorite places we went. Well, ok so maybe it isn't like earth shattering amazing, but it was really cool to see how tea is made and visit the ONLY tea plantation in america. Although I love  a good cup of coffee- I loved tea first and foremost :) And especially these cold bitter winter days, tea is so comforting and warming.
 
There you have it the first installment of my smashbook swoon. I will have more to show, just not sure that I will do it all together... because I have wedding album pages to share :) What could be more appropriate in the days before valentines to show off my little day as a fairytale??
 
 


5 comments:

Amy said... [Reply]

This is such a neat idea! I almost bought a smash book, but at the time I had no idea what to do with it! I can't wait to see your wedding pages! I got married at a Vegas drive thru, so we don't have an album! haha

Unknown said... [Reply]

So fun!! I see these at Target and I always want to start one!! I too am a memory hoarder!

Stopping by via the GFC Blog Hop! Http://mandiestwocents.blogspot.com

Kelly @ View Along the Way said... [Reply]

These are so cool and yours is beautiful! I really REALLY want to try to make one!

Maria said... [Reply]

i am hearing about and seeing so much about smash books! the other day i was in michaels and almost bought one!! they look like so much fun - love yours!!
xoxo
maria

Unknown said... [Reply]

This is such a great idea and so fun! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Bouquet of Talent. :)