Thursday, January 31, 2013

Farewell friend banner

Before anyone jumps to any conclusions, this is not about someone passing away. Thank goodness!

No, instead this is about a coworker's last day and one whose friendship I cherish and hope remains even with her move 2 hours away to live with her special guy and start a new job. I am so super happy for her and when they were arranging a good-bye potluck I offered to make a banner. Only natural, right???

It didn't take too super long and it turned out so great.



Sorry for the not so great pictures, my phone was all I had nearby in my limited time to get this made. I used my cricut to cut the triangles out. (Something to Celebrate cartridge!) and then also used it to cut letters of the opposite colors.  Her fave color is purple (just like me... wahoooo!) so I chose purple and white.
Once I had it all figured out (this project, not like "it all" like in life..if only!!) I layed out my string (basic string bought at the dollar store) and lined up the triangles. I folded down the tops over the string and actually ended up hot glueing them to make sure they stayed down. I put adhesive on the letters and slapped those babies on.



I sent this picture to another coworker as her sneak peak. I loved how it was shaping up. Here you can see how I folded the pieces over the string. Weird part- I was going to cut off the little pieces on either side that were just hanging off... but I flipped it over and decided I liked the upside down party hat look..... haha weird, right? 

Because my friend has developed a button obsession (thanks to me!)I thought I'd add a little button flower to the blank flag between "GOOD" and "LUCK." Here is a little instagram-erized pic of the button flower by itself.


I am kind of obsessed with these too.... along with about a million other things.. yea yea yea!

So here is a picture of the final thing hung up at the potluck today

It turned out really great and everyone admired it. I don't often finish something and totally love it, but I soaked up the compliments and my coworker was so surprised by the food and thought that went into our little surprise. (Although, I am not sure how she didn't know something was up, we were so loud getting things ready AND we all work in a huge room of cubicles.. but thank goodness she was :)

I LOVE BANNERS!! 


3 comments:

Jenna said... [Reply]

So cute! I love banners!! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

Jenna @ http://rainonatinroof.com

Angie said... [Reply]

How cute! This is great for co-workers who are moving on. Thank you so much for sharing this at my link party :)

-Angie
www.easylivingmom.com

Diana of Diana Rambles said... [Reply]

What a special idea! You are a good friend! Thanks for linking up at my Pin Me Linky Party.