Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Organization Madness

I know I told everyone the other day that this time of year I get bit by the organization bug. The reality is I am always trying to find new/better ways to organize things, but this time of year is just a natural time to do so.

While out on day after Christmas shopping with my parents, nephews and sister, my sister bought these fantastic and HUGE storage bins that were $6.99/ea. Of course seeing her tote hers around got me thinking I needed some. I am all for bigger bins and having to take fewer trips up and down to the basement at holiday times. Not only that- but my sister had the great point of everything being COLOR coded by holiday. DUH, why didn't I think of this? I already had a see-through bin with red top for my orgnaments and a green (handmedown) container to hold lights and tree skirts. So what would be more fitting.

Anyway, yesterday while I sadly put away all my Christmas deco (except snowmen of course!) I very happily discoverered that by purging a few items I no longer use as well as some un-needed boxes- all my Christmas deco fits nicely into these 2 bins. SWEET!


Isn't my Christmas land so pretty?? (please disregard that everything else looks uber sloppy- getting there!!!) That orange tote back there? Yep, that's empty too- maybe clothes storage?? You might be wondering what is behind that plastic- well that would be my Handy Hubby's workshop. Or to be more accurate, part of it. You can see the extended work area in the picture below. This being said, you can see why it is important for as many things as possible to be in storage bins as things tend to get a little dusty when he is slaving away at a new project.


Here is the stack of all the (other glorious) empty bins I get to re-use throughout the house. I have already begun the re-arranging process so you will just have to stick around and see what else is going down. Just you wait :) You will have the bug big time too!!

4 comments:

Unknown said... [Reply]

Hi, I love your blog and I just wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Liebster Award! I hope your as excited as I am! Please check it out!
http://www.thingsinyou.blogspot.com/2013/01/ive-been-nominated.html
Happy Blogging,
Jamie

Angie Generose said... [Reply]

Thank you so much for sharing this at my link party today! I'm glad to find a fellow flip-flop addict :) I love your blog, and its name.

Maria said... [Reply]

those bins are wonderful! my husband and i just got a bunch...i've been de-cluttering like crazy and they really come in handy!

Unknown said... [Reply]

Hi! I am stopping in from Some of the Best Things in Life Are Mistakes and am a new folllower!
http://bestlifemistake.blogspot.com/