Sunday, January 6, 2013

Hoot and Howl

Hi everyone :) Hope you are all enjoying your weekend. The jury is still out on my since this, well whatever I have, continues to wreak havoc. This is why it has taken me until now to make it to the computer to post and link up for today. By the time I work up yesterday, I had a terrific cough and a slightly deeper voice. I had to suck it up though because we had plans for lunch at my husband's grandparent's home about an hour away. We went and had a nice time, but I was so exhausted by the time we made it back home. I ate a little, got a steaming hot shower and got into my pjs and warm fuzzy robe. I then planted myself on the couch with some tea. Today hasn't been too much better! Spent most of the day so far either in bed or on the couch. I think I will be taking a day off tomorrow to get to the doctor and try to accomplish a few of the things that needed done today like get to the grocery store- oops!!)

Anyway, enough about that. Today I present to you a project I actually initially found in blog-land Washi Tape Frame @ Plucky's and had pinned to my crafty board.  I really liked the idea and figured one day I would get around to making one (just like 85% of things I pin. Little did I know my sister would give me a fun present with an unfinished frame for Christmas- perfect canidate!!


So here's the (stinkin cute) gift she gave me. She ordered the owl "decal" from Joann Fabrics and placed it on really neat fabric she already had. She didn't have time to do anything to the frame but figured that her crafty little sister would have no problem coming up with a way to remedy this. Hubby had talked about painting or staining it, but the more I thought about it, I really wanted to washi it.


So one evening last week, very unplanned and impulsively I did just that. Here is the beginning of the process. I guess these pics aren't too terribly considering they were all done with my cell phone and the later ones instagramed because my camera was down stairs and I just couldn't be bothered to go grab it at the moment.


I initially left the edges unfinished an thought it looked just fine. For about 5 minutes. Then decided it needed more polka dots.


And added a little 'somethinsomethin' to the tops and sides. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. The only thing left that I still want to do is put a little podge on it to seal it. I am still contemplating this, because what if I want to change the tape on it down the road? I want to be able to peel it off and do all over again. Either way, I really love how this turned out.

I have a whole list of projects I want to work on- thanks to the many inspiring bloggers out there. I really need to pick a few, do them in a day or two, then sit down to get to my wedding scrapbook. I really need to FOCUS on that.

Talk to you all soon :)

9 comments:

Cotton said... [Reply]

The frame turned out super cute! stopping by from the GFC Collective!!

KACIE said... [Reply]

Hello! I'm a new follower! :) Your blog is adorable.

Kacie @ mommaexperience.blogspot.com

Rachel said... [Reply]

Hi - new follower from the link up. Love your blog & can't wait to read more! :) Hope you have a great day!
Rachel
http://sugar-stripes.blogspot.com/

Unknown said... [Reply]

Hi There,

Stopping by from the GFC link up to share some aloha and to follow your story here. So fun. Aren't sisters the best?

If you're up for a bit of a ride I'd love, love it if you'd join me at Local Sugar Hawaii . We're riding the wave of life together-- it's a sweet thing. 'hope to see ya soon.

xo,
Nicole
localsugarhawaii.com

Alisa Marie said... [Reply]

So cute! I want to do something like that for my desk at work!

vhttp://allthingsalisamarie.blogspot.com

Alisa Marie said... [Reply]

Also, I'm a new follower!

Marti @ SewLicious Home Decor said... [Reply]

How cute, it turned out great! Thank you for sharing it at SHOW-licious Craft Showcase. :)

Happy New Year,
Marti

Sarah said... [Reply]

New follower here! Love the project and hope you feel better! Feel free to stop by and follow back!

Unknown said... [Reply]

This is sooo adorable! I am such an owl fanatic. Hope you are feeling better by now.

Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent last week. So sorry just now making my rounds. It's been one of those weeks. :)

Hope you are having a great weekend.
Kathy