Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Beaded Bracelet

I didn't think I would get to post ANYTHING today because it is such a busy day and I have so many projects in flux with the upcoming holiday season- BUT here I am anyway. Just finished up some bracelets that I found at HonestyWTF (complete with tutorial) after a coworker requested some handmade gifts for her teenage sister.  I gave her a few options and this is what she chose:



I have never really done much jewelry making beyong hemp bracelets back in the day so this posed a challenge!! She likes these the best so I went with it. Now, I couldnt' find the waxed linen cord but found these fun colors of some type of craft string and they were a great price (4.99 + 40% off coupon) so I couldn't pass them up. As a result, my string was a little thicker and I had to use 6/0 Czech Glass beads which were prettier than the original ones I has chosen. 



Once again I dipped into the awesome stash of inherited buttons and did 3 different types of buttons on 2 bracelets each. I like how they turned out. I would have loved them to be thinner like the original but she is happy with them, so that is all that matters :)  Hope everyone is having a great day!

2 comments:

Unknown said... [Reply]

Very cute! The remind me of zippers!

Jodi said... [Reply]

@Tonia L haha, yea I guess they do, don't they?