Ok, in an effort to be real and honest.. I am posting a very imperfect picture of my chickpeas. Don't judge them. Even though they were not perfect looking, they were absolutely fabulous and I couldn't stop eating them. So feast your eyes.....
I actually did a google search for chickepea recipes and stumbled upon this recipe at Modern Mom food.
The recipe is really simple and I have adjusted the recipe I found to what I used. Although mine resulted in some dark chickpeas, I think I can attribute this to areas where there was more or less sauce. Anyway, here is the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (optional).
- Drain and rinse garbanzo beans. Pat dry with towel.
- Spread garbanzo beans onto baking sheet.
- In a small sauce pan over medium-low heat melt margerine. Add hot sauce and stir until combined.
- Pour the hot sauce mixture over the beans. Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake for approximately 30 to 40 minutes, until browned.
Have you ever tried roasted chickpeas? What is your favorite recipe- please link up in the comments.. I would love to learn other ways... YUMM!!!
See you all Monday with a little project I have been up to- based off a past real life inspiration. Have a great weekend!!