Saturday, September 7, 2013

Fall fever

As you could probably tell, I haven't quite gotten back into any sort of crafting just yet. But I can tell you that as the days are getting shorter and darkness sets in before I even get home from work, this is really just right around the corner. Although I will moan and groan about shorter daylight hours, I am totally and utterly in love with fall.

I love pumpkin everything - bread, pancakes, coffee.



via



via


via

I love the fall squashes available as quick and easy dinner options.


via

I love the crunch and smell of leaves along with the crisp, cool air.


via

I especially love RUNNING in the fall because it is so much easier to breathe and run my best without the impending doom of heavy, humid, thick air.


via

In all fairness, this is where all my energy and time has been going. If you follow me over at Tiny Thunder Running you will see that I am training for my FIRST. EVER half marathon in Hershey, PA which is October 20th. As it is getting closer, I am getting nervous but know if I prepare appropriately, the rest will fall into place. In fact, my long run (9 miles) for the week will happen tomorrow.

I guess the moral of the story is, I miss crafting quite a bit but right now my time is tighter so I might just not really jump back in until after the race. I do have some fall projects I would like to do for decorative purposes, so we will see if I get to it. I will try to still make an appearance around here at least once a week with something :)

I hope you all are out there enjoying the beautiful fall weather, we are about to head out on the motorcycle for a decent ride while we can.

What are you favorite things about fall??

2 comments:

Maria said... [Reply]

i am so ready for fall too! ahh, all your photos have posted make me even more ready for it! i LOVE pumpkin everything too! i can't wait until hot coffee tastes even more amazing than it already does! so awesome you're doing the half in hershey! sending tons of love and wishing you a great start to the week, jodi! xooxx

mail4rosey said... [Reply]

Pretty sure I could fall in love with that Pumpkin Coffee, and the leaves in that picture are gorgeous.