Sunday, May 24, 2015

Summer Wreath

It has been FOREVER since I touched this blog. I think I kind of lost inspiration and my reason behind keeping track of all my projects there for a while. For a while I wasn't even doing much crafting to speak of!  I know we all go through phases, but it is a big bummer either way!

I did make a few projects at Christmas but I have been busy that past few weeks making some pretty fun stuff. I will come back and share them, but FIRST, I want to share my current wreath,



The concept is not an original one, but I think I did a pretty good job with the design!  

I was babysitting last weekend and it was BEAUTIFUL. Naturally, we needed to make a fun craft. I took them to the dollar store to pick up supplies so that I could make one and the kids could collaborate to make one for their mom. 

In total for the two wreaths, I spent a little less than $10.

Supplies: 
-pool noodle
-patterned duct tape (2 rolls each)
-flowers

I added the burlap ribbon later from my stash at home. So for about 5 bucks, I think this wreath is just fabulous. I love looking at it when I come back home. The bright blue and the small sunflowers just scream summertime to me. 

I have wanted to make one of these for probably 2 years now. WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG!?!

Have you tried the pool noodle wreath technique yet? It is so worth it. 




0 comments: