Friday, September 21, 2012

fabric confession

Ok I have a confession to make. I went to Michaels and Joann's last night and was in pure heaven. I know I have always loved looking at scrapbook paper, picking out stickers, and all that jazz. However, when I got to Joann's and starting browing the shelves of fabric, I felt a very similiar thrill and excitement!! I fear this may mean I might atually have to bust out my sewing machine more often to do little projects. Of course this means I need to actually re-teach myself HOW to use a sewing machine, but I think I can handle this.  The reality is it has probably been middle school, or if you are lucky, high school since I did any sewing other than fixing a button or something quickly by hand. I guess I am officially challenging myself in a very new and exciting way. I have already branched out into working on this cool burlap flower bouquet as part of a gift for my mom for her birthday at the end of the month. Late start, but I had a general idea of what I wanted to do and it took a while to nail it down. I am going to mix burlap flowers up with some fabric flowers but I am not totally sure on which style I will go with. I have already purchase the fabric so tonight will be a time to play (hopefully post some pictures). 

0 comments: