Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Repurposed Tea Tin (organization madness #2)

Welcome to Tuesday.  Feeling a little less BLAH today, but our weather over here sure isn't looking any less glum AND I come to work today to see an email stating that they are calling for 1-4 inches of snow... news to me!! So this could make for an interesting day tomorrow, if in fact those silly forecasters get it right (1 in 10 chance?). Either way, I have another installment of organization madness for you!

Shortly after new year's I posted about repurposing a candle jar as an organization technique (here).  Well around that same time I also made a little organizer out of this fun tin which my loose mint tea comes in. *On a side note- not usually a loose tea kind of gal or organic for that matter.. but this tea is AMAZING! I buy it at Wegmans and it lasts forever.
Anyway- on to the project.


So here is the tin before and after I removed the label and scraped off all the ooey gooey mess left behind.


I cut my scrapbook paper to exactly fit around that tin and- you guessed it. ModPodged it right on there.

 Now just let it dry...


I decided to go back and use some of my glitter modge because- lets face it- every lady loves a little glitter!!
In this picture you can see I have my MK face wash and lotion in the tin.  They actually weren't a practical use for the tin and I now use it to hold my eye liners, mascaras, etc (tall skinny items) so that they do not get lost in my regular old makeup and I don't have to DIG for them. Definitely makes for an easy makeup morning routine.

What tricks do you use to organize your make up?

4 comments:

Tiffany said... [Reply]

Great idea! Super cute!
Tiffany

Amy said... [Reply]

So cute! I've had the same jar of Mod Podge for about 2 or 3 years now and have never used it! I just might have to make some of these! :)

nissaMade said... [Reply]

ooh.. great idea.. I have a xmas themed tin that my son is using for pencils.. think I'll try this!

Unknown said... [Reply]

Very nice! I am working on doing some organization as well...but not in the bathroom yet!